Heading down near Santa Margarita for the week to hang out with friends.
Someone suggested this route:
Seems like a nice idea, explore earthquake country…
Parkfield is the most active part of the San Andreas fault. Almost constant tremors and quakes. I may skip the Parkfield loop if it’s too hot… 😦
A friend of mine pointed me to this site, great tools for sharing proposed routes or actual tracks from motorcycle, car, and hiking trips. It’s sort of a social networking site for trip sharing.
Unfortunately, most of the users seem to be from Oregon, so if you’re a Californian, get busy! I’ve posted my favorites/recent trips.
I’m planning on heading up to Tahoe this week on the bike to stay with some friends at their cabin.
This is the route I’m considering —
- cross the bridge to 84
- east on tesla road to stockton (pashnit.com suggestion)
- north on 88 to ione
- hit sutter ione road (pashnit.com suggestion)
- hit fiddletown road (pashnit.com suggestion)
- up 88 to 89 into tahoe
after three motorcycle trips, I’ve decided to optimize my experience, with cash!!!
- throttle lock (poor man’s cruise control so I can rest my right hand)
- sheepskin seat cover (mexico was hard on my ass, this weekend wasn’t so bad…)
- tail tidy (make the bike look clean when all the bags aren’t on)
- sw-motech bracket and a Givi E52 topcase (some real storage on the bike)
- a new tankbag (even more storage)
- ram mount for my old garmin gps for navigation
Our (anattadoll, bearandbobcat, and my) camp this morning at sunrise.